Today was “Wishful Wednesday.” The day began with my routine morning announcements and preparations. Then I administered a test to two girls. After, I was busy running around doing intern work, preparing for the faculty meeting after school today and for the placement meetings in the near future. Then, Mrs. Theroux and I went to a fourth grade class to do our guidance lesson on perspectives again. My five lunch groups followed our guidance class. Today, the room was packed with students. After students in the lunch groups all finished eating, talking, and playing, they headed to recess, and I had the opportunity to work one-on-one with a student, on a guidance issue. We talked for about twenty minutes, and today’s problem was solved. After, Mrs. Theroux and I went to do another student evaluation. We observed this student as she worked on an in -class math project with her partner. Mrs. Theroux and I compared notes on the student and both had similar thoughts. Later, we handled a problem from yesterday afternoon. Many times, Mrs. Theroux and I believe we solved a small problem, but the student neglects to mention a big part of his or her story. The problem escalades, and we end up really working through the whole problem the next day. At the end of the day, we had a quick announcement to make for some fourth grade students. The message behind our announcement was that teasing and bullying is unacceptable. People should treat others the way they would like to be treated. Then, we mentioned how gossip can be a form of bullying and made sure that everyone in the class understood our quick lesson and kept our thoughts in mind as they continue until the end of the year. After a fast hall monitor duty, Mrs. Theroux and I prepared for an after school faculty meeting. I absolutely loved it and felt like I was a part of the community. I feel like I have definitely been able to help a handful of students in my short time here, but also feel I have been able to help the adults in the community as well. The faculty worked their way through their agenda with ease and respect towards one another. It was pleasant to watch.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Thirteenth Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment