Today was my “Final Frantic Friday.” I did my last morning preparations and announcements. I listened to my last teacher parent meeting. I prepared my lesson plan for my final project and practiced for Mrs. Theroux. I said goodbye to my youngest students during my last two snack time groups, and had my last discovery math group lesson. Later, in the early afternoon, I said goodbye to everyone as they came in for my last lunch group meetings.
I did my final recess duty and then it was my time to shine. I presented my final lesson plan, on my own, but with Mrs. Theroux by my side to watch me teach to the same class I struggled with the first time. I returned to this class because I wanted to teach successfully to a hard and active class. In the end I felt like I accomplished my goals because they were an outstanding class today! After, I thanked the class for being so well-behaved and for participating in my internship. I left with children by my side, begging me to spend more time with them. “Just one more week” the kids would say, pulling on my arm as I walked away. I went back to the guidance office to have my last three one-on-one guidance sessions with some students, then ended my day at an all-school assembly to participate in Memorial Day early. I could not have asked for a better last day at Kearsarge Elementary School and am so thankful for this opportunity. Saying goodbye to Mrs. Theroux was incredibly hard, but I know I will see her and the other students again before I leave New Hampshire to continue my educational path.
No comments:
Post a Comment